Work is slow and I am thoroughly enjoying catching up on my Google reader, archiving my work and personal inboxes, making one cup of tea after the other and of course generally enjoying not having tense phone conversations and urgent work. Thank you holidays.
List of enjoyment:
- Sandra shared this Rebecca Wolf story that I found highly entertaining.
- I ordered 2 more Etsy prints last night and Annette Mangseth sent me a wonderful thank you note for ordering from her again (which I was more than happy to do).
- Christine is now engaged, so that gives me plenty of things to look at, I don’t know when yet, colors, locations or really anything. But I am enjoying looking up “Christine” like dresses, cakes and flowers.
- I’ve been corresponding via email with Leah, she has good things to say.
- Zooborns has baby rhinos today.
- I only have to work 10am-4pm tomorrow.
- JMO is still in Houston, and wrote a great post about how fabulous it is to spend time with me.
- No one has been rude to me on the phone today.
These are a few of my favorite things (today at least).
I’m back to work today after thoroughly enjoying Christmas. I wound up getting out of work on Friday (thanks Dan!) and I enjoyed 4 days in San Antonio. I like my family. I like my gifts. I like cuddling with the dog. When I’m on vacation I have this feeling that this is what my life should be like. I am now looking for a career in vacationing. Please send advice on how I can make this work.
The day before Christmas and all through the house… I am antsy and want to leave work. I feel like it is the Christmas Party day in elementary school, where there is no work and just excited chatter. But there is some work, and I suppose I should be doing that……
P.S. Michelle brought me more candy. I am going to gain 10 holiday pounds. I will begin using the gym membership I pay for again in 2009.
Last Wednesday Michael, Tranee and Grey came to visit me. I could only get off on Thursday, but at least I got off something. It was wonderful to spend time with them. It was interesting to spend several days straight with Grey. We’ve spent lots of time together now in his little life, but I’ve never been present for so many diapers, baths, bedtimes, and mealtimes. He really is one of the best behaved babies I have ever heard of. Tranee is one fabulous mommy. I can’t ever imagine being as loving and patient as she is. Let’s hope these qualities are somewhere in me. If not, everyone will feel sorry for my adopted Asian child.
Saturday morning we went to the Aquarium for a breakfast with Santa. They had an elf in scuba gear in the tank and Santa himself was there. The whole thing was adorable and Grey really loved all the fish, they were fascinating to him. I parted ways with my family (I’m counting Tranee and Grey with Mike- they pretty much are) and headed to the airport to get JMO.
JMO tricked me and is now staying in Houston for two weeks. This is probably the best gift I will get for Christmas. I’m wildly impressed with his ability to keep a secret. I want to reveal surprises as soon as I decide something will happen. I still have to work the next two weeks, but I will get to spend New Years with him and I am off then at least. We spent yesterday with the Oswalt family, we saw Four Christmases, went to dinner and played board games. AND Mr. O made me oatmeal raisen cookies, which are quite tastey.
I only have a few days left to get everything ready for Christmas, but so far the holiday season has treated me very kindly
Thank you for reading my excited holiday high ramble.