2013: A year of joyous occasions
2013 was a year filled with change and fun. Over the last several years, December 31st has become a day of reflection. It is a great day in which I look at years worth of pictures and feel lucky. In the past, I’d spend sometime looking at blog posts, but my blog did not get a lot of action this year. There wasn’t much time for sitting still this year, and I hope to make more time for that next year.
Getting married was a HUGE part of this year. I was able to spend lots of time with those I love in preparation for the wedding. Two of my good friends also got married in 2013, so the year was filled with showers, bachelorette parties, and quality friend time. So here it goes, the BEST of 2013!
- Lauren’s wedding was so lovely. We had a fantastic time on a girl’s weekend in Fredericksburg, we went out on the town in Houston, and her wedding was perfect.
- I got to spend Spring Break in Florida with my mom, JMO’s mom, sister, aunt, and cousin planning out our wedding. We rented a little house and visited the church, looked at flowers, met photographers, and ate cake. My Aunt Rhonda and Ashley had a lovely vision for my wedding. It was really wonderful to spend so much time with these women.
- Our friend Caren took beautiful engagement photos of us that we will cherish for a lifetime.
- Abra and Mike got married! We were able to spend the weekend in Austin and got some quality time with our pal Mikhail too!
- My baby sister graduated high school!
- Bachelorette Weekend!! I love my friends. They are the best of friends. We had a phenomenal time. Thank you ladies!
- OUR WEDDING! Best part of this fantastic year. We rented a beach house and our friends all stopped by for visits!
- Emily tagged the graffiti bridge!
- We had a little BBQ at the house for everyone who had made it to town. It was good to see everyone early.
- The rehearsal and rehearsal dinner were both pretty surreal. It is such a strange feeling to have people from all parts of life together. It was hard to not be overwhelmed by how far everyone had traveled to be there.
- The wedding itself was a whirlwind. It was such a joyous day. We have some pretty fantastic people in our lives.
- The honeymoon in Jamaica was a great trip. We ate lots, and swam, and drove dune buggies. It was a really really really great trip. I’m ready to go back tomorrow.
- Leah’s bachelorette weekend in Gruene was a great time with friends.
- Leah’s wedding party was a pretty fantastic time too!
- Emily went off to the University of Alabama and I was able to journey with my parents to get her moved in.
- We moved to a house closer to my school. I’ll miss our place in Midtown, but it is nice to spend less time in the car.
- We went back to Florida for Thanksgiving. That was a lot of quality time with family.
- Michael graduated nursing school.
- I’m made it through another semester of graduate school. I learned again that 6 hours plus a full time job is a lot to take on.
- I made it to Christmas break!
And I just realized why I was so run down for the last leg of 2013. I did a lot this year! This year was absolutely unforgettable. Now as I rest and recuperate and enjoy the rest of my break, I can reflect upon how lucky I’ve been.
Recaps from the past: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, and 2008