The year that was 2010.
Compared to the last few years, this year was pretty mellow. I feel more settled, and things all seem to be working a little more like they should be. So, in no particular order, here are the highlights of 2010.
- Christine got married. There was the lovely bridal shower, the bachelorette party, and of course the wedding itself. Christine’s road to marriage, was an amazing experience to be part of. She has grown up A LOT, and I feel privileged to have been part of her journey.
- We moved. I have always heard that moving in with someone is very hard the first few months, and I was very pleased to see that we didn’t have those problems. I get to see my best friend everyday, and it really doesn’t get much better than that.
- I visited my grandparents in Florida and JMO met them for the first time. We went to the beach and went on an attic hunt. My grandparents really liked him, so I will probably keep him.
- I held two jobs for most of the year, it lead to the full time job I wanted and I saved money for my car.
- I finally purchased a new car. I emailed different dealerships and collected my prices. I knew that I wanted a Honda CR-V, so I got my ducks in a row, and did it on my own. I’m quite proud of myself.
- I became a fourth grade teacher. It has been one of the most difficult things I have ever done, and I love it. I love the children, my coworkers, and the feel of challenge in my work. Being a fourth grade teacher is kind of like being a small business owner. All my hours put in, are for the good of my classroom. I lucked out with a phenomenal partner, a marvelous mentor, and a terrific team. These people have supported me so much during my first trying months. I feel truly blessed that things worked out as they did.
- This year I was lucky to spend lots of time with friends and family. It is a fabulous plus in every year. I am very lucky to have such wonderful people that I want to spend time with.
It has been a great year, life is treating me well. In fact, the last few years have been pretty wonderful (2009 Recap and 2008 Recap). So here is to 2011! I have big plans and monthly goals planned! I’m still working on that post…..
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Pingback: 2013: A year of joyous occasions | PICKmeg